Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Do you have hope?


When you begin your day, do you begin it with hope or are you swimming in your troubles before you even open your eyes? Do you wake up with a sense that today has all the potential to be wonderful, or get out of bed dreading how many more problems will be added? Do you look out at the sunshine and take it for the blessing it is, or are you blinded to it by the cold?
Today as I began to think about what I wanted to write today, these are the thoughts that invaded my mind and troubled my heart. Why? Because most days I am swimming in my troubles before my eyes are open. I am dreading what bad things will come our way today, and yes, blinded by the cold instead of rejoicing in the beauty and hope that God shows us with the rising of the sun.
I want to have hope. I want to see the beauty in a new day. I want to look at my kids and know that I am a good Mom, and that they are happy. I want to really know God, trust, and rest.

No comments: