Thursday, February 19, 2009

Do something different today

Today I thought i would try and take a different approach. I decided to open my bible, find a verse, and try and figure out what it is saying to me.

I opened my bible, flipped through some pages, read a verse, decided that I didn't want to try and figure that one out, moved on, and the next verse i read pretty much said the same thing. Apparently, it is a message I am supposed to try and understand today.


The verse:

Ephesians 3:20,21

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen


So, what might this be saying to me?

If I just let Him work through me, let HIM do it, He can do far beyond anything that I could ever do, or even imagine. Let Him do it, and give Him the praise for whatever the result.

As I sit here in our current situation, I find it hard to rest. Praising God when my life seems so upside down is a difficult thing to do. I know that I am to trust Him, and He will make it all work out but how do I trust He will do that for us as we are on the verge of losing our home, the car is already gone, there is less than no money in our bank account, and only a few dollars in our pocket?
Somehow, I have got to find that trust in my heart. That trust of a child.
I love the Lord. I need to sit back and trust that He does love me as well.

1 comment:

Erika Mills said...

Wise woman.
I'm thinking and praying for you.