Friday, March 27, 2009

March Break 2009

So, it has only taken me a week to get to posting about March Break. Guess that's not too bad. The boys and I spent the week with my younger sister Jyll and her family in Alliston.
......WHAT WAS I THINKING?

What logic was I using that would make me think that taking my two LOUD boys and adding them to her 3 girls...who can be just as loud, would make for a good, quiet, relaxing VACATION?!!

It is only because of faces like this....


LOL, you have got to love her!!! This is Piper. She is one of my precious nieces, and is 7 months younger than Zach. There were only a few struggles between the two of them...mostly resulting from both wanting the same toy at the same time. But, give them some chocolate milk and the Backyardigans, and moments like this happen.
Only once during the whole week did we manage to get all five sitting on the couch quietly watching something on the tv. I had to get a picture to prove that it did happen....


....and no, they weren't drugged!! (not even bribed!!) Now, I don't think it lasted for more than 10 minutes, but hey, with 5 kids in the house you take any 10 minutes you can get.

I am going to pause here and give a "Shout Out" to a girlfriend of mine who....God Bless Her....has 7 children. She is my hero, and after this March Break week, I have an even greater respect for her. She also homeschools them all! She is a shining example of the kind of Mom you can be if you give it all to God. I am blessed to call her friend.

Now, back to the chaos.

Truthfully, it really was a good week. They all...for the most part...got along.
All of them, except Piper, slept in the same room every night, which was awesome for me!
Delaney, my 10 year old neice was a HUGE help. She even took all the kids downstairs most of the mornings and kept them occupied to let her mom and I catch a few extra winks. She did crack me up the one morning when I overheard her ask the group of them if they were ready for Dance class. Should have snuck in for a picture, but alas, resting in bed was worth more to me at that particular moment. It did give me quite the chuckle though.

Gabe, Aubree, and Delaney went to Gymnastics Camp one of the days. Some of the highlights were the grasshoppers they made and Gabe and Delaney won a game of Hide and Seek. Jyll and I enjoyed a nap with the younger ones that day.

Here are some pictures of all five doing some Finger painting. They all did a great job. I was impressed with how clean they stayed. I wasn't so impressed with the colours of the Crayola finger paints though. They were so dull. The kids didn't seem to notice or care, but I am definitely going to try and get some better paints for next time.





We did manage to get them outside once or twice. Not the warmest/driest weather, but they did enjoy some basketball with Auntie Jyllie/Mom.



Now, just before I end this post, I had to add these last two pictures. Zach loves to put things on his head. Doesn't matter if it is a hat, a bucket, a bowl, a pencil case....


or even a polka dot headband....thanks Delaney...LOL
Uncle Gord was very impressed.







1 comment:

Erika Mills said...

Woah - looks like you had a blast :) I love seeing your pictures!!