Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Different Perspective

My apologies for the lack in postings. The last couple of days have been a little busy.
So, with no further delay, here we go.

I have to say, I Love My WW Meetings! Not once in the last 9 wednesdays have I not wanted to go. I look forward to it, even if I don't feel I have done well that week. I am grateful for the other members that show up at the 10am meeting and share how their week has gone. This week was no different.

I arrived just before 10 to do my weigh in before the meeting. Down another 1.8 pounds bringing my 8 week total to 13lbs. Not the 3+ I was trying for, but hopefully next week i'll make it to 15 or beyond (and that next 5lb sticker).

So, our meeting starts and those of us who have been attending during the summer are rewarded with a sticker for our bookmarks (wahoo, not a 5 pounder, but I'll take it...lol). Then we move on to the sharing part of our meeting. A few people share about how their week went, and a few good questions are asked. (We are also reminded that there are no silly questions...a few more questions come out....none of which are silly) but this week we have a celebration to share. One of our members has gone Lifetime!

What this means is that she has reached her goal. As we applaud for her I can't help but think that someday that will be me up there enjoying that moment. The leader asks her a few questions about her journey, but the one that caught my attention was when she asked her how much she had lost. This member has lost 21 lbs. Now in my head i'm thinking...Great! I only have to lose 6 or 7 times what this woman has. OOYYYY!!!! But, then it happens.......

....as she continues to talk she says that it took her more than a year to lose those 21 lbs.

In an instant my perspective changed. All of a sudden I was proud of my 13 lbs in 8weeks. (which I really hadn't been up until now) No longer did my 13 lbs seem like such a small amount. I realized that I AM doing okay. Sure I'd like it to be faster, but really, its okay. I am losing it, and as long as I keep my focus, I will continue to do so. I will be able to look back in another 8 weeks and see a loss of 20-30lbs...what change in perspective will that bring? I look forward to finding out.

Bring on the next meeting.

P.S. Thanks for checking up on me Erika!

No comments: