Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A HUGE STEP!

Today I took a huge step. This morning at 9am I joined Weight Watchers. I am signed up for the next 26weeks (which is the longest/cheapest you can pay at a time). I had made the decision to join awhile ago, saved the money, and arranged for my darling sister to come early to watch the boys. So, off I went. I was nervous. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, and for me to walk into an unknown situation ALONE, is out of my comfort zone. I knew I had to do it though, and I did.


As soon as I got into the car to head to the meeting I had a lump in my throat. As I drove I tried to listen to the radio to take my mind off of it, which didn't work. Eventually I turn the radio off and spent the rest of the drive praying. I pulled into the lot and parked, turned off the car, took a deep breath, and in I went. I stood just inside the doorway and looked around, not really sure what I was supposed to do, but I was there, and that meant a great deal to me. A moment later another woman walked in. I recognized her as a woman I had served many times during my years at Black's. I was grateful for the friendly face. (Thank you Papa)She told me what to do, and with that I was off to register. There was no question in my mind. I was signing up TODAY!


After some paperwork, and paying my money, it was time for the first weigh-in! Ouch! I was not ready for the number I saw. Apparently my home scale is not as accurate as I had thought. But, it had to be done, and this is the last time I will ever see a number that high on a scale! So with that out of the way I sat down for my first meeting. (I'll tell you more about meetings another time) I walked out of there after discussing how to get started with one of the leaders (a lovely lady), got in the car, and let out a huge sigh. I did it. It may sound stupid to anyone else, but it was a huge deal for me. I had taken my first real step towards finding myself again. With some quick text messages to my husband and sister, and some wonderful words of support back, I sat and cried. Relief. Here I am, and I am finally heading in the right direction. What a great feeling.

No comments: