Thursday, July 17, 2008

Successful first week

Success, I am down 2.6lbs for my first week. Its not as much as I had hoped for, but I guess my hoping for 4 or 5lbs might have been a tad high. Even so, I am very happy with getting rid of 2.6lbs off my body forever! I am visualizing 2 and a half pounds of butter, and knowing that is gone is a great motivator. The meeting yesterday was fun too. At week two you receive a book mark to keep your "reward" stickers on. If you have a good week on the scale, or a non-scale victory, or something like that, they give you stickers to place on your bookmark. I received my first sticker for my good weigh-in. LOL. It does make you smile.

The leader yesterday (who is the regular wednesday morning leader-she was on holidays last week) lost 40 pounds 14 years ago and has been a lifetime member ever since. That's very encouraging to me. She lost the weight ( much less than I have to lose, but still) and has kept it off for all that time. I can too.

Yesterday was also my workday. I ended up telling the girls I work with about joining. Several of them are in the process of losing weight and getting healthy too. They were very encouraging. They are a great bunch to work with, and I hope that I have been an encouragement to them as well

Thank you to all of you. May we be successful on this journey together.

So, on to week two. This week my goal is to get in more exercise. I only managed to get my exercise twice this past week, and I know that I need to fit it in more. My challenge to anyone reading this....get out there and move more this week! Let me know what and how you do :)

Here's to a few more steps in the right direction!!

No comments: