Saturday, August 30, 2008

What's Your Motivation?

In the meeting this week our leader asked, "what's your motivation?" What she meant by this is, what picture do you see in your mind when you think about what you will look like when you get to your goal. What will you be wearing, what is the situation?

Her's was a tight black turtle neck, tight black pants, and black boots. She was effortlessly coming down the stairs to answer the door, opens it up, and the person on the other side would almost be speechless by how fabulous she looks. Has she ever actually worn that in the years since she reached her goal? Nope, but it did keep her focused on what she wanted.

Next she asked us all to close our eyes and picture our own motivation. Mine has always been seeing myself in a really gorgeous evening gown. Hair done up, beautiful jewellery, and the perfect, really great fitting, and totally sexy dress. But as I sat there envisioning myself at my goal, sure I was still in this fabulous dress, but what meant more to me was that it was my husband I was seeing with me. He was ever so dashing in designer suit and in a totally romantic gesture, he kneels down and raises my hand for a kiss, then holds me close as we begin to dance.

Okay, so maybe its just a wee bit sappy, but what the heck.

I am blessed to have a husband who loves me just as I am. My weight has never been an issue for him. What has always bothered him though is that he knew I wasn't happy. Anyone who has been unhappy with their weight knows that it can affect everything else. So, he was always very supportive whenever I attempted to lose. This time is no different(for him anyway - for me its very different). Every week I send him a message after my weigh-in, and he is always quick to respond with how proud he is of me and how much he loves me. Just thinking about it makes me smile.

As I said in an earlier post, I have TONS of reasons to do this. I am VERY proud of myself that this is week 9 and I am still moving forward and in a better place than I was in week 1. But one of the best things about doing this is that I know that when I get to the end of it and reach my goal, my husband and my little boys will be there to celebrate the victory with me. Not only will it be my victory, but their's as well as they will have received a healthier, stronger, happier, more active and involved wife and mom.

2 comments:

Erika Mills said...

beautiful!

Diane Davis said...

i need to lose 40-50 lbs and i like to envision myself in jeans without the muffin top!! :)