Friday, August 22, 2008

Thanks to a Friend

Life has a way of getting in the way. Yesterday was no exception. I was determined yesterday to make sure that I countmy points, track everything I eat, drink all of my water, make sure I get my essential oils in, but most importantly make sure that I did some exercise. Well, I successfully counted my points, tracked everything I ate, drank all of my water, got in my oil, but after a day full of running errands, by 10:30 last night I had still not managed to fit in any exercise yet.


If this had been last week when I was "trying", I would have just gone to bed and not really worried about it. But, thanks to a friend, I had made a promise to be accountable. I didn't want to have to report today that not only did I not get in extra exercise to make up for wednesday, I didn't get any in at all. So, with the rest of the house asleep, I put on my shorts and running shoes and headed downstairs to put on a movie and do 30 minutes on my gazelle. I wasn't long before I was thinking that 30 minutes was going to take forever. But forever ended and I got off the gazelle happy that I had not gone to bed instead.


At this point it is after 11, and I was enjoying the movie I had put it. I decided that I might as well try and do another 15 minutes or so to make up for doing none on wednesday. I got back on and another 30 minutes later I felt good that I would be able to report success on all accounts today.


Erika, Thank you very much.


Today I need to make sure that I get in my exercise early as my sister is having a Pampered Chef Party at my house tonight, and I would prefer not to have to do another late night exercise. We'll see though. Regardless, i will get it in today too!


By the way, the movie was 'Because I said so' with Diane Keaton, Mandy Moore,Lauren Graham, the girl from Coyote Ugly who's name escapes me at the moment, Stephen Collins, Tom Everett Scott...and the best part of the whole movie....Gabriel Macht. My goodness he is yummy! I enjoy chick flicks, and this one was fun.









1 comment:

Erika Mills said...

YOU ROCK!!!OH MY goodness -

ok. putting me to shame. I don't want to be held accountable for my excersise...that's for sure...

Way to go Jess - amazing :)