Monday, August 25, 2008

Smaller Goals

Just today and tomorrow left and then I get to see if my work has paid off.

With POINTS in check and food tracked, water done, oil in, and exercise over, the last two days have gone well. Still working out late at night because of how busy the days have been, but that's ok. I actually haven't minded that. The only problem with it is that I can't go to sleep right after I am done which makes the night even later. However, with Jyll and the girls gone home now, I might be able to get my 30 minutes in earlier today.

I am really happy with the way that the week has gone. I have made better choices this week, and stayed focused on my goal to reach 10lbs. I know that I have to stop concentrating on the total amount I have to lose (which is alot) and give myself smaller amounts to reach for at a time. Ten pound increments seem like a good place to start.

At the meeting last week the Leader spoke about the need for small goals, and showed us the different things that Weight Watchers gives to its members for attaining certain goals. When you reach your 10%, which is the first goal alot of people use, you receive a key chain, at 25 pounds, 50, 75, and 100 you get circular pieces to add to your key chain, and a star piece when you hit lifetime. It may sound silly, but I am actually looking forward to getting those things. Heck, I like getting the little stickers for my bookmark at the meeting. Recognition helps, and to be able to have something to look back at and remember what you've already achieved is worth alot!

So, here's to really making sure my week finishes as well as it started.

1 comment:

Erika Mills said...

that's funny - you're excited about a key chain!?

(It represents way more though - I gotcha)